Your new hosting account may need a dedicated IP address.
What is a Dedicated IP Address?
A Dedicated IP address is a unique number sequence that can be assigned to a single website hosting account, email address, server, or mobile application. The IP identifies a single specific location.
- A dedicated IP can help increase your site’s speed.
- Google considers page load speed to be a ranking factor. So a dedicated IP address may be a factor to improve your site’s Search ranking.
What affects website ranking in search engines?
- High quality, optimized text content
- Quality images with descriptions and alt tags
- Solid architecture
Why use Dedicated IPs?
- Dedicated IPs can improve the security of your site, especially if you are selling products or services online.
- Dedicated IPs can help you access your site via FTP.
- Downtime is less likely for high-traffic sites that are using a dedicated IP.
Note that a dedicated IP alone will not greatly improve your search engine rankings.
Why You Need A Dedicated IP For High-Volume Traffic
Specifically purchasing a dedicated IP just for a high traffic site is not as necessary as securing dedicated hosting for a high traffic site. E-commerce sites that purchase an SSL certificate will likely already have a dedicated IP and will probably also have dedicated hosting. Whether it’s an e-commerce site or not, if your website sees a large volume of traffic on a daily basis, you may want to consider getting a dedicated IP. With dedicated hosting (and a dedicated IP), your website is more likely to increase or at least maintain your speed and performance your visitors are accustomed to while accommodating so many visitors. It will also reduce the likelihood of your site crashing under the strain of so much traffic – a far more common problem for high traffic sites that use shared hosting.
Dedicated IP addresses let you:
- View your website via its IP address.
- Use FTP to access your account while the domain name is otherwise inaccessible, such as during domain name propagation periods.
- Ensure faster response during periods of high traffic load.
Benefits of a dedicated IP address
- Unrestricted Website Access
- Protecting Your Email Reputation – A dedicated IP for email isolates you and protects your email from banning or blocking due to a shared email environment.
- eCommerce Security – eCommerce and online stores need a Dedicated IP address and an SSL certificate to secure customer information and payments.
- Application or Script Security – Some applications or scripts requires a dedicated IP address to run.
- Higher Level of Server Control – Since you’ll have direct server access you have a lot more freedom and customization abilities.
You’ll require a dedicated IP address are if you have …
- a very high traffic website, requiring regular FTP access directly to your site
- are concerned about mass email deliverability
If you’re looking for much-improved site benefits, consider upgrading to GreenLock’s dedicated server hosting and purchasing a dedicated IP addresses for your website and one for each of your email addresses.
Dedicated IP Addresses are one-time purchases. Dedicated IP Addresses are not transferable. Once they are assigned, they cannot be changed.
How many IP Addresses will you need?
One for your website plus one for each email address. These are one-time purchases. Once setup, IP Addresses cannot be changed or transferred.
Order Dedicated IP Addresses
Choose PayPal or Stripe checkout with any major credit card.
1 Dedicated IP Address – $10.00
[wp_paypal button=”cart” name=”1 Dedicated IP address” amount=”10.00″]
2 Dedicated IP Addresses – $20.00
[wp_paypal button=”cart” name=”2 Dedicated IP addresses” amount=”20.00″]
3 Dedicated IP Addresses – $30.00
[wp_paypal button=”cart” name=”3 Dedicated IP addresses” amount=”30.00″]
4 Dedicated IP Addresses – $40.00
[wp_paypal button=”cart” name=”4 Dedicated IP addresses” amount=”40.00″]
5 Dedicated IP Addresses – $50.00
[wp_paypal button=”cart” name=”5 Dedicated IP addresses” amount=”50.00″]